Good morning friends! It is going to be a GREAT day, for sure! It is President’s Day after all. Thank you to all the great leaders that have made this country what it is today.
How was your Valentine’s Day? I am sure it may have been filled with flowers, candy, and maybe a ring perhaps? Valentine’s Day, the “day of love,” is the second most favorable day to ask the one you love to marry you… or be asked to marry them. You get the point. After reading a CNN article on how much is spent each Valentine’s Day, it astounds me! But we’re not here to talk semantics. If you’re reading this, you must have a ring on your finger and totally ready to DIY your wedding! Congratulations!!! 🎉
I’m not going to lie to you. DIYing your wedding is a lot of work, a head ache at times, but if done right, it is SOOOOO rewarding!!! Even if people don’t realize the hard work you put in to your own wedding, you know what you’ve done and makes your special day even more memorable!
Why have you decided to DIY your wedding? Maybe it’s because money is short, maybe frugal, or maybe, like me, you love creating things!
In the coming week or so, I will be sharing exactly every DIY detail that went into my wedding, with the finale of the finished project all together.
Trust me, if I could do this, so could you. Don’t get overwhelmed. Pinterest is your friend! And by all means, write all of your ideas down!
I’m going to start with showing you how I created the bridal party shirts for the rehearsal dinner. This is so easy! And the finished project is AMAZING! If you don’t have a die cutting machine, please contact me at my Etsy shop and I can produce a custom listing to cut something up for you!
What you’ll need:
- Die cutting machine
- Glitter iron-on vinyl
- Your choice of cotton shirt, pre-washed
All I did was choose my font, chose the size, and cut on the iron-on setting. Make sure you select the “mirror” toggle before cutting. The Cricut font used below was “Creative Memories Devine Wedding.” I believe the ring is found on the same cartridge. Some of the lettering was spaced out too much, so these pieces were cut and moved to be closer to the rest of the word, as seen below:
Below are some finished projects. I used raglan baseball tees to produce these shirts.
There you have it, the first DIY project for my DIY wedding. I was super proud of these shirts, and three years later, the lettering is still attached and we still use them for laundry day shirts. These are the perfect gift for your bridal part, as well!
Let me know what you think in the comments and if you have any questions! Have a great day!